You may have read that AFL is observing Screen-Free Week, but what does that mean for you?
Screen-Free Week is an annual event during the first week of May that encourages families to find activities to do - preferably together! - that don't involve screens. This year, it's May 3 through May 9. You probably have some favorite activities, but if you're looking to mix it up, let's revisit a few Family Fun suggestions from our blog this past year.
- explore local nature areas
- grab a ball and shoot some hoops
- have some good ol' fashioned backyard fun
- set up a backyard campout (complete with s'mores!)
- have a family game night - or is anyone up for charades?
- make thumbprint art
- bake something together
Not seeing any ideas that appeal to you? May 3 through May 9 also just so happens to be Children's Book Week! Come check out our book display in Youth Services for recipes, crafts, and other kid-friendly fun, or just grab a good read. Our librarians are always happy to make suggestions!
Add new comment