This past week, we lost two Children's Book greats: Eric Carle (The Very Hungry Caterpillar) & Lois Ehlert (Chicka Chicka Boom Boom). Both were prolific authors & illustrators whose work will live on in the imaginations of children (& adults!) for generations to come.
- Plan a visit to the Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art in Amherst, MA.
- Eat one (or all) of the following: 1 apple; 2 pears; 3 plums; 4 strawberries; 5 oranges; 1 piece of chocolate cake; 1 ice cream cone; 1 pickle; 1 slice of swiss cheese; 1 slice of salami; 1 lollipop; 1 piece of cherry pie; 1 sausage; 1 cupcake; 1 slice of watermelon; & 1 green leaf(y vegetable). Feel full & beautiful.
- Coconut trees may be in short supply in Massachusetts...but there are plenty of other trees you can climb! When you're safely (!) settled in the branches, sing “The Alphabet Song” at the top of your lungs!
- Go for a walk and smell the roses -- & all of the other flowers, too! See how many different colors of the rainbow you can spot.
- Paint some animals...& totally ignore reality. Would you like to see a pink crocodile? A purple cat? A blue horse? Let your imagination be your guide!
And, of course:
- Read their books (find them on display in the Children's Room).