This Summer, families can "Read Beyond the Beaten Path" and play Nature Bingo! We have five themed bingo cards waiting for you in the Children's Room: Flora, Fauna, Sky, Water, and Rainbow. You can check off at least one square on each card by reading a book from the list on the back of your bingo sheet. This is the "Sky" list, which includes fun titles about the things you see when you look up. Each book is linked to make it easy for you to put a hold on the titles that pique your interest. Bring in your completed bingo cards between 6/22/22 & 8/27/22 to receive: a small prize for getting a single bingo, another prize for completing an entire card, one more prize for completing all 5 cards, and raffle tickets to enter a Grand Prize drawing for budding naturalists!
Don't AIR on the side of caution; order as many of the following books as you want!
- Stars by Mary Lyn Ray
- Little Cloud by Eric Carle
- A Year With the Wind by Hanna Konola
- Blue Sky by Audrey Wood
- The Moon is Going to Addy's House by Ida Pearle
- Kitten's First Full Moon by Kevin Henkes
- The Darkest Dark by Chris Hadfield
- Feathers for Lunch by Lois Ehlert
- Little Bird Takes a Bath by Marisabina Russo
- You Nest Here With Me by Jane Yolen
- The Cloud Book by Tomie dePaola
- Mae Among the Stars by Roda Ahmed
- Mission to Space by John Herrington
- The Fearless Flights of Hazel Ying Lee by Julie Leung
- Into the Woods: John James Audubon Lives His Dream by Robert Burleigh
- The Leaf Detective: How Margaret Lowman Discovered Secrets in the Rainforest by Heather Lang
Books for Older Readers:
- The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill
- Space Case by Stuart Gibbs
- Star Scouts by Mike Lawrence
*While Nature Bingo can be fun for all ages, it is intended for families with children 12 & under (& prizes are reserved for kids).