This Summer, families can "Read Beyond the Beaten Path" and play Nature Bingo! We have five themed bingo cards waiting for you in the Children's Room: Flora, Fauna, Sky, Water, and Rainbow. You can check off at least one square on each card by reading a book from the list on the back of your bingo sheet. This is the "Rainbow" list, which includes fun titles about the things you see when you look up. Each book is linked to make it easy for you to put a hold on the titles that pique your interest. Bring in your completed bingo cards between 6/22/22 & 8/27/22 to receive: a small prize for getting a single bingo, another prize for completing an entire card, one more prize for completing all 5 cards, and raffle tickets to enter a Grand Prize drawing for budding naturalists!
Request a few of the following titles and make a rainbow connection!
- Uni the Unicorn by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
- Planting a Rainbow by Lois Ehlert
- Weaving the Rainbow by George Ella Lyon
- A Rainbow of My Own by Don Freeman
- Wow! Said the Owl by Tim Hopgood
- Dog's Colorful Day by Emma Dodd
- Playing With Lanterns by Wang Yage
- Green by Laura Vaccaro Seeger
- Festival of Colors by Vashti Harrison
- The Black Book of Colors by Menena Cottin
- Vincent Van Gogh: He Saw the World in Vibrant Colors by Amy Guglielmo
- Blue: A History of a Color as Deep as the Sea and as Wide as the Sky by Nana Ekua Brew-Hammond
- The Crayon Man: The True Story of the Invention of Crayola Crayons by Natascha Biebow
- Love is Love by Michael Genhart
Books for Older Readers:
- Different Kinds of Fruit by Kyle Lukoff
- Ivy Aberdeen's Letter to the World by Ashley Herring Blake
- Lily and Dunkin by Donna Gephart
- From Night Owl to Dogfish by Holly Goldberg Sloan and Meg Wolitzer
*While Nature Bingo can be fun for all ages, it is intended for families with children 12 & under (& prizes are reserved for kids).