Take Your Child to the Library Day is an annual event for families to explore the library, get to know our collections and our librarians, and maybe hear a story or two. However, due to ongoing public health conditions, we encourage you to explore the library from home as well! Come have a quick look around Youth Services, then check out a few books to share at home, look at our online resources, and read, read, read together!
In the library, you can:
- Pick up a preselected book bundle, grab a Quick Pick book, or get recommendations from the librarian
- Pick up a coloring contest sheet (return to Youth Services by Saturday, February 12)
- Explore with a mini scavenger hunt
- Get your child a library card (or update their card, if necessary) at the Circulation Desk
At home, you can:
- Sign up (and read!) for our Winter Reading Bingo Challenge online
- Play board games or do puzzles to encourage literacy skills
- Build a reading fort
- Tell a story
- Watch a library storytime online
- Access interactive books with TumbleBooks, or borrow downloadable titles through Libby (in-browser or get the Libby app from your app store) or Hoopla Digital
- Read together!