We are pleased that you are considering Queset House at 51 Main Street in North Easton for your special event. Named for the stream which meanders through its manicured grounds, this stone English Gothic house was built in 1853-4 for Oakes Angier Ames (1829-1899), along the style of cottage villas illustrated in A.J. Downing’s Architecture of Country Houses. Queset House has a beautiful walled garden, sloping lawns, and a pathway to the restored Italianate Queset Garden. The lovely wood paneled main floor has three large rooms, including a kitchen and a bathroom, ideal for small-to-medium events. Queset House is a casually elegant, affordable option that gives you the flexibility to design a memorable, personalized event.
This house is an historic building and part of the Ames Free Library Campus. Because of the unique nature of our property, we are limited to only a few special events each year during specific times. Your event could be one of them!
- Events are permitted during the hours when the library is closed, and must end by 10:00 p.m.
- No open flames (including sterno or candles) are permitted within the building, veranda, or porch.
- Nothing may be attached or anchored in any way to any part of the Queset House.
- Furniture may be moved only with permission and under the supervision of the Facility Manager.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the Rare Book Room (first room on the right after you enter).
- Smoking, including e-cigarettes and other forms of tobacco are not allowed in any part of the premises at any time. It is the responsibility of the client to inform all attendees of the No Smoking policy.
- Queset House has strict noise policies. No DJ’s or music requiring amplification are permitted.
- Noise levels must be deemed appropriate and reasonable by the Facility Manager.
The management of the Queset House reserves the right to remove from the premises any person(s) behaving in a manner considered to be potentially harmful or detrimental to the Queset House, grounds, or other event guests.
100 people inside Queset House
100+ for tented event
Parking is available along the road to Queset House and behind the garden to the left. Additional parking is available at the library on days the library is closed. Public parking is available in the center of Easton, next to the Rockery, and behind the Children’s Museum.
For information on building accessibility please contact Marion Wingfield, Development Manager, at 508-238-2000, ext. 5 or email@example.com.
Persons or groups using the facilities must maintain insurance which shall insure the library against any liability: Persons or groups using the facilities must provide a Certificate of Insurance to the Ames Free Library of Easton, Inc. as Certificate Holder indicating the General Liability or Personal Liability Insurance they have in effect. If applicant has Automobile Liability, Umbrella Liability or Workers’ Compensation insurance, these policies should also be indicated on the certificate. In the certificate under Description of the Operations it should be indicated that the Ames Free Library of Easton, Inc. is an additional insured under the applicant’s General Liability Insurance. (Note: “Personal Liability” is located in the applicant’s homeowner policy.)
A signed copy of the Liability Policy must accompany the first payment.
Please be aware that Queset House is under 24 hour camera surveillance.
Guests or subcontractors’ vendors requiring more time for set up or clean up may contract extra time on a per hour basis provided it does not interfere with library operations. Please see Fee Detail and Due Dates for per hour charge.
If your event will have more than 100 persons a tent is required.
Tents must be rented from BC Tent and Awning Co., Inc. (1-800-660-TENT/www.bctent.com), a company familiar with our grounds, measurements, and constraints. They are able to set up a tent the night before or the morning of the event, and remove it early on the day after the event is finished. Renters of Queset House will receive a 10% discount.
- Any decor brought to the house such as flowers, linens, china, and other paraphernalia must be removed from the rental space during the rental time.
- Party is responsible for removing trash from the premises. Trash and recycle bins are located behind Queset House.
- All furniture, tables and other objects must be put back in their original positions.
Fee Details and Due Dates:
Standard fee based upon total number of persons on premises.
- 40 persons and under: $600.00 for 5 hours/$125.00 each additional hour needed.
- 40 - 100 persons: $800.00 for 5 hours/$150.00 each additional hour needed.
- More than 100 persons (tent required): $1000.00 for 5 hours/$200.00 each additional hour needed.
Included in the basic rental:
- Set-up and breakdown time included inside the house and outside areas (table and chair deliveries, tent set up and removal separate).
- Exclusive use of the first floor of Queset House and the grounds, including the outdoor walled garden, screened-in side porch, front veranda and lawn, including tables, chairs and other furnishings.
- Fully equipped kitchen.
- 3 guest bathrooms (1 downstairs, 2 upstairs accessible by stairs and elevator, one of which is wheelchair accessible).
- Facility Manager on site.
Fees not included in basic rental:
- $100.00 deposit required to hold date, refundable upon completion of contract.
- $300.00 security/damage deposit, refundable after event is completed and the premises checked.
- $300.00 if Queset Garden is to be used in addition to the House and walled garden.
Schedule of fees:
A booking deposit of $100.00, due within two weeks of inquiry, is required to reserve a date.
Payment of 50% is due on acceptance of a copy of this contract. The remainder is due one month before the event.
If an event is cancelled at least 60 days prior to the event, all fees, except the booking deposit of $100.00 will be refunded. If cancelled 30 days before the event, 50% of fees, including full security deposit will be refunded; if event is cancelled 15 days before event, the full deposit will be forfeited and security deposit returned.