Need something printed, copied, or faxed? The Ames Free Library has a printer, photocopier, and fax machine for public use. All printing and copying transactions are subject to the Library's Computer & Internet Use Policy.
To print, you may log in to our public computers (with your library card or a guest pass), and send your document or image directly to our printer.
OR you can send your print job wirelessly via your mobile device! Just email your document or image to email@example.com and follow the instructions that you will receive through email. To retrieve your print job, you may enter your email and assigned password at the printer in the Fireplace Room. Detailed instructions are posted at the Library.
- Pricing is .15/page Black & White, .25/page Color. Double-sided copies = 2 pages. Please pay for your prints at the Reference Desk.
To make copies, visit our photocopier on the Middle floor of the library, in the first alcove of the Barrel Vault Room. There are instructions posted which you may follow, or ask a librarian for help! Our photocopier makes Black & White prints only, in 8.5 x11", 8.5 x 14", or 11 x 17" sizes.
- Pricing is .15/page for 8.5 x 11", and .25/page for the larger sizes. Please pay for your copies using the vending station to the right of the copier.
The Ames Free Library has two different scanners for you to use at the main Library building, and scanning is free!
1) Our Xerox VersaLink B7030 photocopier, located in the Barrel Vault Room of the main Library building, also has a scanning function. From the home screen, you will find multiple scanning apps:
- Scan To (after selecting this app, you will then select "Email" on the next screen and enter the destination email address)
- Scan to Google Drive
- Scan to Dropbox
You may either scan single page documents using the scanner glass, or use the document feeder on the top of the photocopier for multiple-page jobs. Please see a librarian if you require assistance.
2) The KIC Click Mini, located in the Fireplace Room of the main Library building, is an intuitive and easy to use face-up book scanner with many convenient integrated data sharing features. You may email your files directly from the scanner, or please bring a USB drive to save your files. If you need help, please ask a librarian!
(To learn more about the KIC Click Mini and all of DLSG's other great scanning and imaging solutions, please visit DSLG's site.)
As an alternative to these, we also offer a Canon flatbed scanner (which is connected to a PC). These can be accessed at Queset House, 51 Main Street, North Easton, in the Second Floor Digital Media Lab.* Instructions are provided with the scanner, but if you need assistance, please ask the Queset Manager in the First Floor Office.
To send a fax, our public fax machine is located on the Middle floor of the library, next to the photocopier in the Barrel Vault Room. Instructions are printed on the fax machine, and you may lift the handset to listen to voice instructions.
- Pricing is $1.75 for the first page, plus $1 for each page after, up to a total of 20 pages at a time. Credit and debit cards are the only accepted method of payment at this time.
- This machine sends outgoing faxes only.